Thursday, May 10, 2012

Snap Purse for Teacher Appreciation Gift!

Need a quick and easy gift to put together before Teacher Appreciation Week is over?
We've sewn up a sweet snap purse for Kadences teacher. 
These make great last minute gifts - it takes less than an hour to complete, and you can make one with as little a couple FQ's or fabric scraps and even a novice and put this together.



I used some left over Heather Bailey fabric (a favorite of mine) and the Snap Tape Purse Tutorial HERE.
To get the "clutch" size I adjusted the pattern by cutting my outer fabric 8x8 inches and my lining 8x12.
I also added a little strap and used the left over selvedge edges to add a decorative ruffle.


This came about by pure laziness - I wanted a ruffle but didn't want to mess with a narrow hem. It turned out super cute - and seems to be everyone's favorite detail!


Are you sewing up any gifts for the teachers in your life before school is out for the summer?

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...